As is now almost an early morning ritual, I trawled through my Twitter timeline first thing on the morning of March 11, 2019 looking for latest news and updates and of course goodies from friends and others I follow. One of the tweets I noticed from Twitter asked me about how long I’ve been on Twitter or something to that effect. Of course I had no clue. I am not keeping count but it has been 10 years apparently. Yes a DECADE. You know 10 years is a lot of time. It’s almost 25% of my life at this point. Where did the time go?
As I reflected on my 10 years of Twitter several things comes to mind:
- recollection of my first thought having heard of Twitter- “I do not want anyone to stalk me” 🙂
- the number of relationships and networks I’m now privileged to be part of
- the kindness of those who have helped me grow
- the days when I followed celebrities (way-finding?)
- my present attempt at encouraging colleagues at work to join in
Without a doubt Twitter has been my best space online. It has provided a platform for me to explore the world. Twitter has been a major part of my personal and professional learning. One may never know the alternative path but I sometimes like to think that without Twitter I might have had an alternative professional outlook.
Thanks everyone who has helped me so graciously. Here’s to many more tweets and another decade.